- Safe family beaches in abundance
in the subtropical north.
- Take a ferry boat to historical
- Take a tour on
"King's Cruises" around
- Take a fast trip to the
"Hole in the Rock".
- Collect pipi's from the beach.
- Visit Waitangi historical sites.
- Visit Kerikeri for arts &
crafts, historical sites and
- Walk or trek through native
- Visit Cape Reinga, 90 mile beach
and other sites in the Far
- Go fishing! Either in the bay or
big game fishing.
- Go sailing!. Take a charter boat,
or join one of the many day
- Go diving! In the bay or at the
"Poor Knights Islands - New
Zealand's finest marine
- Go sea-kayaking!
- Jetski at the beach.
- Go horse riding or trekking.
- Ride the Kiakohe bike trail
- Snorkelling at the many islands
throughout the bay.
- Swim with the dolphins.
- Fine dining at many of the superb
- Have a drink in the local bars.
- Enjoy the family activities at
the village green.
- Watch the fish weigh-in's at the
- Play a round of golf at the
Waitangi golf course, with views
over the Bay.